Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Position
Participating Hospitals: Essentia Hospital – Duluth, MN; St. Luke’s Hospital – Duluth, MN; Essentia Hospital – Superior, WI; Lake View Memorial Hospital – Two Harbors, MN;
Desired Qualifications: 1 year experience as an RN and/or prior SANE, Emergency or OB/GYN experience.
Certification: Registered Nurse (current Minnesota license) and liability insurance
Required Training: 40 Hour Adult/Adolescent IAFN approved Sexual Assault Forensic Examination Training at time of hire.
- Pelvic Exams (one w/ model; as many as needed to be competent w/ OB/GYN)
- Capacity to draw blood
- Ability to administer medications
- Skills training provided
Additional Skills Abilities:
- Strong clinical skills
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity in dealing with victims of sexual assault
- Supervision team of SANE Coordinator, PAVSA Executive Director and SANE Medical Director and Lead SANE for performance evaluations.
- Medical Director and Lead SANE for clinical consultation
- Daily supervision and administration of program by the SANE Coordinator
- $75 Stipend for mandatory monthly 2.5 hour team meetings
- $30/hour for mandatory skills training and hospital orientation
- $5.00/hour on-call pay weekday; $10.00/hour on-call pay weekend
*Liability insurance reimbursed with an average of 72 hours of monthly on-call availability a year; reimbursed 6 months after employment start
- 72 hours of availability per month on-call; SANE Coordinator will arrange schedules
- Requirement of one holiday shift per year; one weekend shift per month. All extended unavailability (more than 5 days in a row) must be submitted to SANE Coordinator in advance.
- Immediate response to PAVSA office or answering service when a call comes in.
- 45/60 minute response time to hospital
- Carry a cell phone when on-call